Dr. Lauri Young brings speed, culture and modesty to our group. In addition, she’s the founding member of the Staten Island chapter of City Coach and if there’s any doubt of how hard she works, take a look at the photo to the left. Smart money says there’s lots of hardware waiting for her in 2012.
- Name: Dr. Lauri Young
- Age: 52, yeah, I’m that old
- Hometown: Mansfield, OH
- Family: I have lots. Some are related to me and some are not.
- Occupation: Professor of Musical Theatre, pianist, composer, arranger, vocal coach, conductor, writer
- Weapons of Choice: Brooks Adrenaline, Felt road and tri bike, sense of humor, red zinfandel, habanero peppers and my imagination
- Best Races: 2008 NJ State Sprint Tri lst pl AG; most of my 2010 season–five sprint races three first pl. AG, one fourth overall, 2nd pl AG NJ State Sprint Tri
- PR’s: HM 1:43:36; 5K 22:14; playing six straight hours of Beethoven Piano Sonatas New Years Eve 1999
- Goals: Run a marathon faster than snail’s pace. Ride a century. New PR for HM. Have a colonoscopy.
- Other relevant details: Two quotes from my beloved father, who was a physician and very physically active.
“You are only as old as your arteries.”
“If you stop moving, you stop moving.”