Congratulations to the indefatigable Deanna Culbreath, who won yesterday’s Paine to Pain Trail Half Marathon in a course record time of 1:31:39. Also on hand, and apparently not aware that he ran a marathon last week, was Stephen England, who finished 11th overall in 1:30:52, and J. Geoffrey Badner in 1:34:18. Did I mention that this was a trail race?
City Coach athletes made their way to Chicago and did not disappoint.
- Luke McCambley 2:37:29 (PR, new team record)
- Kevin Starkes 2:43:51
- Stephen England 2:46:23
- Ruy Guimaraes 2:52:22 (PR)
- Bonnie Averbuch 2:58:33 (PR, new team record)
- Bridget McKenna 3:08:02 (PR)
- Tim Armstrong 3:09:11
- Sheila Monaghan 3:14:00
- Keila Merino 3:21:04
- Alisa Stern 3:33:01
- Adele Laboz 3:35:49 (PR)
- Sara Bibi 3:45:00
Posted in Blog,Team Race ResultsJuly 26, 2012
Great work this weekend by the dynamic duo of Rui Guimaraes and Stephen England, as they braved the Running With the Devil Trail Race. Rui raced and won the 6-hour event, while Stephen – in his last Leadville 100 tune-up – finished third in the 12-hour race. You can read Stephen’s account here.
A great big mazel tov to Stephen England, who finished first overall at today’s North Face Endurance Challenge 50k trail race.
We had a significant and speedy presence at the North Face Endurance Challenge at Bear Mountain this weekend.
- Geoff Badner, Half Marathon – 2:04:25 (8 of 136 in AG)
- Francis Laros, 50k – 6:01:00 (3 of 31 in AG)
- Rui Guimaraes, 50k – 6:41:15 (21/59 in AG)
- Keila Merino, 50 miles – 11:55:25 (6 of 14 in AG)
- Stephen England, 50 miles- 9:17:29 (8 of 60 in AG)
The always dignified Mr. Guimaraes is pictured here performing the Rui, which is the new finish line sensation that’s sweeping the nation.
Sincere congratulations to our team of crazy people.