Major congratulations to Mike Terry and Terry Moore, both of whom trained hard and had strong, well executed races at Ironman Louisville. Both set PR’s and Mike punched his ticket to Kona.
- Mike Terry – S: 1:05:25 B: 5:24:39 R: 3:30:22 Total: 10:07:50 3rd place in AG (out of 214), Kona Qualifier
- Terry Moore - S: 1:14:59 B: 5:51:25 R: 3:23:15 Total: 10:35:58 12th (out of 214) in AG
Great work gentlemen – you made your coach proud.
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. – Rudy Tomjanovich
Every year I say I couldn’t be more impressed and proud of our team. And then the next year I’m even more impressed and proud. Today’s results were tremendous. But first, a quick lesson in the brief history of the NYRR Sprint Triathlon.
- have never had to look twice for your bike in transition
- have never had a problem doffing your wetsuit in a hurry
- flawlessly execute the flying mount and dismount with your shoes clipped into the pedals
- are so blazing fast that you can win even if you stop for a little demitasse in transition
- don’t mind being ridiculed if you run out of T2 with your helmet on
…there’s no need to attend our Transition Clinic. Otherwise, I suggest you come by to hear me and watch Terry Moore as we go over methods to help you gain free speed. We’ll discuss strategies for getting through T1 and T2 quickly and smoothly, and then you’ll practice mounting and dismounting. Bring your bike and shoes if you can, but you’re welcome to come by even if you can’t.
- When: 6/6/12 at 7p
- Where: Daniel Webster Statue. 72nd St and West Drive in Central Park
Kindly RSVP so we have an idea of who’s coming. Rain will cancel, so check the team Facebook page if in doubt.